Welcome New Members
Foundational Scripture(s):Luke 22:24-34, 55-60
God did not prevent Peter from denying him.
o Why didn’t the Lord pray that he would never fall?
He prayed that when Satan tempted him, his faith would not fail.
God wants you to know that no matter what he still loves us and we will make it through.
It was with purpose that he allowed Peter to fail.
o The purpose was to sift Peter. Satan wanted to destroy Peter. God will permit some stuff but it will never be beyond our ability to come out. Because God allowed the shifting, shaft was removed from his life.
o God used Satan to fulfill that purpose with Peter and he will use him to fulfill that purpose in us.
Six great hindrances to Faith
1. A lack of understanding of the new creation. 2 Corinthians 5:17-19
a. Holding on to old stuff will damage your faith. Even if you are still struggling God has given you dominion over it.
2. A lack of understanding of righteousness. Colossians 3:9-11
a. Righteousness is all in Christ.
3. A lack of understanding of your place in the body of Christ.
4. A lack of understanding of your privilege and right to use the name of Jesus.
a. We forget there is power in his name and we have the privilege to use it. Matthew 16:17
5. A lack of understanding of acting on the word. Proverbs 3:1-5
6. A lack of understanding that we are to hold fast to the confession of our faith. Hebrews 10:23
a. Hold tight and don’t let go!